Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Father's Day

This was Rob's 2nd Father's Day. I know this has to be a bitter-sweet day for him, with him not having his dad, yet being a dad now. I had a 'brilliant' moment one day in February and started researching portrait artists. I wanted a portrait of Rob, Ron, and Braeden. I called this lady, Lisa and we talked about what I had envisioned. She thought this was a great idea and that she would like to meet.

So, I drove to meet her and brought her some pictures. After contacting 3 of Linda's sisters about getting Ron's pictures (he was not a fan of getting his picture taken), I finally got them and she worked with what I could get. I think she did an excellent job! This will be passed down to Braeden and his kids.

It was extremely hard not to tell or show Rob before, but I am so proud of myself-I didn't! I really CAN wait! So, on the morning of Father's Day, I made Rob a big breakfast, and brought up his framed portrait. He was shocked and was pretty speechless. It is hanging by our front door.

I just realized that I didn't get a picture of Rob and Braeden on this day. Darn it! I'm still learning!

*Alana*

No comments:

Post a Comment