Friday, July 10, 2009

June 25th, RIP Michael Jackson, King of Pop and Farrah Fawcett


Oh man, what a shock the world was in this day. I know I was. These 2 icons are a part of my childhood. Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' album was my very first. I had Michael's posters throughout my bedroom, along with the doll. My sister had Elvis. :) I guess time will tell to see if my mom kept all of these items after we moved out of the house...I hope she did!

He will never be forgotten. I will never forget where I was when I heard the news. Linda, Braeden and I were waiting for Rob to meet us at Tony's Pizza for dinner. Rob sat down and said that he heard on the radio TMZ confirmed he died of cardiac arrest, 50 years old. I chuckled and said, 'WHAT?' I still can't believe he is gone. So sad.

I have kept the 'People' magazine for Braeden to have one day. Once he gets older, we will be making sure that he hears all of his music and pray he enjoys it as much as his mother did.

Farrah Fawcett was in a movie 'Small Sacrifices' when I was in middle/high school. We taped it from the TV movie. I am not exaggerating when I say I have watched this movie 75 times. It was a great movie! I would like to one day read the book, too.


RIP, Michael and Farrah...
*Alana*

No comments:

Post a Comment