Thursday, October 29, 2009

Busy, Busy October

It seems I had a pretty open month this month, but it hasn't turned out that way, which is good. I would rather have things to do, go, and places to see. First of all, after all the sweat, time, and tears, the fish tank is LIVE! I believe Rob and our neighbor started this in March time frame. With work, Rob's school he recently started, family, and other engagements, it is complete as of this week. Here is a picture of the live rock Rob picked up. It's from Fiji.




Last night, we went and got 7 fish and 2 more live rock: 2 are from Florida, and the other one from Fiji. We have alot more to get, but it's a slow process in 'seeding' the tank. But, it looks gorgeous and we are enjoying it. I'm very proud of Rob!

After becoming a mommy, I have really realized how important it is to make sure Rob, Braeden and myself are all on top of physicals, regular Dr. appointments, etc. This year, I decided I am starting the annual mammogram routine. This was my first one. I didn't really know what to expect. It wasn't a bad experience beside it being a little uncomfortable. But, the tech who took my images, said that the images were "text book" and the best she has ever done! I thought, 'wow, that's cool, I guess?! I'm sure she's photographed alot of boobs (ha ha)! The radiologist shouldn't have any issues."
Well, I received a letter in the mail from the hospital needing "additional imaging studies". You can imagine my thought process...UH OH! I called Rob and told him about it. He blew it off like, "it's nothing. It will be okay." My mom had breast cancer, so I didn't take it so lightly. All that was going through my mind, was, "it could be cancer". And, "what if...".
I immediately called and scheduled the appointment. I had to get an ultra-sound on my right breast. I asked the tech how long it would take to get the results and she said "today." So, afterwards, she said she would be back in 10 minutes. And, she did. The results: benign lymph node. THANK YOU, LORD! I immediately called Rob and he said, "THANK GOD!" You could hear in his voice the huge relief he had. When he got home from work, he turned me around, hugged me, and said, "I was really worried. I didn't realize how worried I was. I'm so glad it's not cancer. I don't want you to die." Isn't that sweet?
*******
I took Braeden to Arista's work where they painted pumpkins. He loved it. He made a very...colorful one. See? The different color of paints were all brown by the time he was done. ha ha!


We took Braeden to the Pumpkin Patch. We took him last year and it was a really good experience...this year, not so much! He didn't want to be in his stroller. He didn't want his back pack on. We first took him to see the goats. He got so mad to leave there. He threw himself down and cried on the ground. We took him to see the train. He LOVES choo-choo's. He had a great time playing around in it. Well, it was time to move on to another location. He was not a happy camper. So, we ended up leaving with him on Rob's shoulders pulling his hair and scratching his forehead. Naptime is a MUST with him. If he doesn't have one, he is a crab apple.:) We did not get our pumpkin. And, I forgot the camera in the car, so we had to use the iphone camera. They aren't the best pictures, but it's something. :)




I decided that I am going to make Christmas gifts this year, I think. As I am typing this, I am wondering if I am going to have much time? Anyways, I made a friend of mine a replica of something I have on my wall with my last name. I had a good time doing it. AND, I actually got to go to the store all by myself!!!! (it's the little things in life, right?). Well, here it is. I think it turned out pretty good! She loved it.

Rob took me to the Chiefs vs. Redskins Game! We got tickets from one of Rob's friends he used to work with. He is over seas and has season tickets. We had alot of fun! CHIEFS WON!!!--their first win of the season! I'll always be a fan!



I'll leave this long post with 3 cute pics. For some reason, he's just does not care to have socks and shoes on. So, he has to take them off in the car. When he does this, we always, say "PEEEE UUUUU!" He loves it when we do that. He switches feet to our nose and this goes on for a few minutes. CUTE!

Braeden got in my 'disaster cabinet' which is full of plastic ware. I dread having to go in this cabinet. As you can see, you will appreciate why. :)

Lastly, I left Braeden upstairs for a short bit. I thought he was playing in his room.... Note to self: Do NOT leave a toddler unattended--ever. LOL


**Alana**

1 comment:

  1. wow, you have been VERY busy.
    cool fish tank.
    what a blessing about your cancer screening. whew!
    love the mischief photos. :)
    you look beautiful in that photo of you at the game!!!

    fun times.

    ReplyDelete