Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

This was my 2nd Mother's Day....a surreal day, really. I think alot about how my life has turned out so perfectly. Thank you, God for my life and family! I love them so much and sometimes think I just don't deserve it.

Rob, Arista and I went to Kings Dominion Theme Park on Saturday. Linda watched Braeden for us so we could have a little bit of a big kid day. I had been contemplating on taking him. I was told that there really isn't alot of things that 18 month olds can do. And, I would hate for him just to sit in his stoller for the most of the day in the heat. I know I wouldn't like that, so he stayed home this time. We had a GREAT time!! Ended up, that Arista and I rode most of the rides while Rob sat out; which reminded me of the times my mom would take us to Worlds of Fun and we would take a friend and ride all the rides while my mom sat and waited...This surprised me. I know Rob doesn't like the rides that go in circles. But, his head was hurting with allergies after the roller coaster rides. He sat back and drank beer while Arista and I got our adrenaline rush flowing! I talked Arista into going on the SkyFlyer ride that I had done a few years ago in Orlando FL. It was a ride I never forgot! It's 152 ft in the air, and they release you and you basically fly down and swing until you stop. She loved it as much as I did! It's the closest thing to skydiving that you'll find! Now, Arista is looking into skydiving. Rob won't let me go again, since I am a wife and mommy now...Doesn't mean I won't still keep trying!





Anyways, so we were exhausted after a long day in the heat. On the way home, Rob said the would like to go to the grocery store. In other words, he hadn't gotten a Mother's Day card yet. ha ha! He smiled, admitting this. I knew it. I give him alot of credit for going out after a long day! Braeden and I went to bed at 10pm.

So, yesterday, Mother's Day, I asked Rob if he would take Braeden downstairs after he got up in the morning at 8am so I could sleep in. I thought I was going to wake up to the aroma of Mommy's breakfast being made....hmmm, how nice! **cough** I come downstairs, Rob is asleep and Braeden had trashed the house with his toys, and the Sunday newspaper! What? Excuse me....heeelloooo??? I let Rob sleep while I cleaned up, even though it WAS Mother's Day and all...

I took Braeden to Bingo that Linda attends every Sunday. She loves to show off her "pride and joy" to her Bingo buddies. I like to do things like that for her, she does SO much for us, this was the least I could do--making her day! We came home and Rob power washed the bottom deck and we played outside with the neighbors.





After Linda got home from Bingo, we went to dinner at Chilli's. Linda and I love their salads! We exchanged cards and had a nice dinner! Thank you!! Here's to many more Mommy Days!




*Alana*

No comments:

Post a Comment