Monday, May 18, 2009

Yard Sale Success!


I had so much fun with my Yard Sale! The night before I had everything organized, ready to go for the 8am opening. I got up at 7am. My neighbor called and said that there were people already driving by! Goodness sakes, people get up EARLY and don't mess around with these yard sales! I was swamped at 7:15-9am. The crowds came and gone all day. I decided since I didn't have much else going on the rest of the day, that I would extend it hoping to sell all my things, but it really stopped at about 1pm. I learned alot about these yard sales....People are CHEAP! I had a lady tell me flat out, "I go to yard sales every weekend, and I just think your prices are way too high." I told her that everything is designer, and only worn once, twice or had the tags on it! I figured out that more than half were asking to lower by some, so I eventually did. I really wanted to succeed in getting rid of everything, so I agreed only if they asked. I sold about $350-400! -which breaks me even with the new wardrobe that I already bought. ha ha!

Here are a couple of pictures during this day. **Note**the little kids sitting next to Braeden, are our neighbors, Mason and Madison. I just thought this was hilarious and had to share! Mason loves our dog, Marley. We were all outside, and he goes up to the front door, rings the doorbell, and says, "Marley! It's me, Mason!" Isn't that cute? I can't wait for Braeden to talk!!!


Rob and Braeden's yard sale participation and interest. HA!


Rob and our neighbor have been working so hard on our fish stand. I am so anxious for it to get done! It is getting SOO expensive, too! And, we don't even have any water or fish in it yet! I am hoping that I can sand and stain it today or tomorrow (that's my job in all of this). Here is a couple of pics of the progress.



*Alana*

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the success of your yard sale. i am impressed. maybe it is time for me to do one. :)

    ReplyDelete