Sunday, May 3, 2009

NASCAR, Richmond VA


I have never been to NASCAR before. KC built a track a couple of years before I moved away, but didn't really have any interest in it, so I never went. Rob's co-workers and boss got tickets and asked if we wanted to go. Since we are planning on getting pregnant this fall, we are trying to do all we can, since life being pregnant with a toddler, and then having 2 kids won't be as easy to have Linda or Arista (Mimi) watch both, understandably.

Rob and I tailgated by ourselves. The weather was forecasting 40-60% rain. It rained while we were eating and had to jump in the car until it passed a few minutes later. Then, it got sticky, although it was only 70 degrees. We took the tram to the track and then Holy cow, the rain poured! Everyone was standing under the stands and I had to put on my poncho from the rain coming through. Then it cleared and was perfect!

It was neat seeing the trucks dry the track, and was LOUD! All the fans got on their feet, and all the drivers drove around the track. The energy was powerful and exciting!! AND LOUD! I had to listen to the cars without our earphones for a while just for the experience of it all! Those cars are F-A-S-T! I mean, I have seen NASCAR on TV, and it looked as if they were traveling pretty speedy, but once you are there, it is So much different! Then, several cars crashed, and one caught on fire! I didn't have my camera out and ready when it happened, so I didn't get a photo of it, darn! Overall, it was a great, great, time! Next weekend--Kings Dominion Theme Park with Braeden, Rob, and Mimi! Again, another new place I have not yet been to.




No comments:

Post a Comment