Friday, April 10, 2009

2 new passions...

So, my sister got me the first 2 books of the "Twilight" Series for my birthday. EVERYONE is talking about how good these books are and I just have to read them! Well, first of all, I have never been the "reader" type. In fact, I never read the books I was supposed to have in High School; I found myself cheating--didn't work by the way...

A couple of weeks ago, when the movie came out on DVD, we got it and watched it. I could never see myself being interested in vampire movies or for that matter, a book. "Interview with the Vampire" I saw in the movie theatre and about passed out when all the blood scenes were shown. I LOVED this "Twilight" movie and watched it twice! Thank goodness, there was not much blood. I am on page 115 in 2 days. The only time I can read is in bed at night, after Braeden is asleep. So, I read until my eyes can no longer stay open. I am really anxious to get through all these books (and make my mom proud!)! So, that is my first new passion.



My second? My new job! I started training this week. Gosh, I had forgotten how nice it was to talk to the public. I have always been very good with people, and this made me realize how much I miss this! The first day, I had to go in at 9:30. Whoa, was that challenging! I am not a morning person at all! Braeden and I love our sleep! So, 7:30 came way to quick! I got up, got ready, got Braeden ready, and off we went to Linda's to drop him off. Everyone at the job is really nice. I'm working the front desk. Surprisingly, there is alot to do and this salon seems pretty busy consistently. I check people in, check them out, schedule future appointments, answer the phone, and lots of computer and paperwork. Anyhow, I am enjoying it so far. And helloooo?--who doesn't love(free)discounts on spa services?!

I am posting alot of blogs today, because I actually got Braeden down for a nap and I'm taking advantage.
*Alana*

1 comment:

  1. you have been busy today! :)
    i read those first three books in just 15 days. i was not a big reader either. i also didn't read most of the books i was supposed to read in high school. what is our problem? :)
    i haven't read the fourth book yet. the things i have heard about it, i don't like... so i am pretending the first three books are all there is... since i loved them so much.

    ReplyDelete