Friday, April 10, 2009

Braeden + Marley = Best Buddies

Rob got Marley (Golden Retriever) when he was 2 months old, unexpectedly. He got a call one night and was told there was one puppy left and asked if he wanted him. Rob had researched the "best" kind of family dog and was really set on getting a Golden. So, Rob told them "yes. I'll be right over to get him." It was love at first sight. Rob had no food, no toys, no kennel, no nothing for a new puppy. Rob stopped by PetSmart and loaded up on all the necessities of a puppy.

Rob lived by his self in our-now home. Just him and Marley. I heard some good stories about Marley when Rob and I talked on the phone for months. One of my favorites, was when Rob came home from work one night and noticed that there were bite marks in 4 cans of beer, the cans were empty of course. I can only imagine. And, knowing Marley now, I can totally see him doing that! My next favorite is that Rob took him to Petsmart for "puppy training" ...well, he got kicked out of that school! That is not a shocker either! ha ha!

Marley is very hyper, loving, adores attention, a baby like. It is said that dogs know when their owners are pregnant. There is just something they sense. Marley was always gentle around me when I was pregnant with Braeden.

While I was in the hospital after I delivered, Rob brought home blankets that Braeden had used so he could get used to the smell. I have to admit, that Marley took very well to Braeden.

They absolutely love each other! Braeden pulls his hair, ears, tail, yanks his lips, and of course he gets all of Braeden's left overs each meal. Braeden likes to share, as I look at it. They are so funny together! It is still a challenge to make Marley learn that "that is not your toy, Marley!" He LOVES B's stuffed animals-his most recent one is B's SpongeBob stuffed animal. Here is a video of a little bit of what Marley "allows" Braeden to do....

1 comment:

  1. oh wow. now THAT is a patient dog. SO cute. our dog has always been super patient with aaron jr as well. although in his old age, he is getting a little less tolerant, but would never hurt aaron jr. he just tries to get away from him more often.

    ReplyDelete