Thursday, April 23, 2009

What the ????

So, I get a phone call the other night from the salon. It was my manager, Sharmen. I REALLY like her alot! She is the one who cut my hair. However, since I had to get on the floor, she had to 'cut it short', no pun intended. Anyways, she says, "I hate to be the bear of bad news." I was completely confused by this. She says "we have received a couple of complaints from clients about how they were not given the customer service by you that they are used to." WHAT?? I have won customer service several awards in my property management career. Apparently, when I called the clients and left messages for their 'confirmation calls' I said "no kids under 12 are allowed" vs. 'children'. And, maybe they were offended? She continues saying that they do not think me working there is a good fit. What the ???? Whatever happened to communication? Why is it that I messed up once and tell me-so I can fix it!? I was and still am just dumbfounded! I actually cried! I LOVED it there! With the exception of Sue,(part owner/bookkeeper) of the salon. I did not like her from the first time we met. This was before I got the job. I was coming in for a facial. She didn't smile, had NO personality and was NOT impressed by her! She is the mom of the girl who owns it.

Anyhow, so I told Rob what happened and he was very sorry but said it was for the best. He and Arista both thought they were very unprofessional from the beginning and just using this as an excuse because they are NOT organized, it's too bad... When I started, I didn't even know the pay, no schedule was done; so I have to agree with them. But, still, it WAS a great fit for me! And for Rob, Braeden and Linda! It was working out great for all of us! I am so pissed off right now! And, who fires someone over the phone????

Sharmen said that she would like to finish my haircut and make it right. I agreed. Even though I do not want to see Christy or Sue, I paid for my haircut and it's not done. So, I go in today to get it done. There is a HUGE part of me that wants to push them aside and ask them, what the ???? Trust me, I will be telling Sharmen about it! And, in hopes that they take this information and apply it to future employees. I mean, if a service provider screws up a haircut, facial, nails or massage and the client complains, do they get fired??

Here are the pictures of my new hair 'do....at least I got THIS out of this mess!




*Alana*

1 comment:

  1. Like I said on the phone this morning, you are a wonderful person and have so much to offer. Just because they aren't smart enough to see what a great thing they had in you, don't let that get you down.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete