Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Get DOWN, ...please!!!

So these are the words I say all day every day lately. Braeden is getting so independent and thinks that he is a monkey! I was talking to Rob the other day on the phone and as soon as I turned around, Braeden was on top of his high chair, literally. I mean he was standing on the "plate part" and was taller than me. It scared me to death! I didn't want to scare him with these words I constantly am reminding him of. I have no idea how he did it. UGH!

I told Rob about that night when he got home that if it was my choice, I would have no highchair, no couches, no blinds, no TV, no dishwasher, no drawers, no dining room chairs, no bath faucets, no toilets, no coffee or end tables, no magazines, no stairs, or no closets. He said "so, you want Braeden in a room of nothing." ha ha YES, wouldn't that be so much nicer? I wouldn't have to get on to him for any of this stuff I mentioned above....on a daily basis. I mentioned that I was going to keep him in a cage, so I know he is safe.

I am being reminded that "he's a boy. he's going to fall." I don't like that comment-"he's a boy..." It doesn't matter if he's a boy or a girl. Toddlers are very curious about it all and are going to try and get away with whatever. I know he's going to fall. But, I'm certainly not going to just stand by and watch so he learns his lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment