Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy Easter!



This weekend has been so much fun! Friday night, Rob, Braeden, Linda, Aunt Dina and I all went out to Red Robin for dinner. Braeden had a good time with his Grammy and Memaw, sitting between both. He got his balloon, of course, it was let go and up towards the ceiling. Needless to say, he got another one and loved it! Aunt Dina "secretly" announced that it was my birthday to the waiter and the employees came to sing and give me a sundae. If it was to embarrass me, it didn't work...it takes ALOT to embarrass me! ha ha!

Rob, Braeden and I went to Wal-Mart to get his Easter gifts. This is really his 1st Easter, since last year, he was only 4 months old. I got him a basket with a light soccer ball, candy and other goodies in there. We are so excited to dye eggs next weekend! I have not done that probably since elementary school! Linda informed me that she dyed eggs with Rob until he was in college-no surprise there! ha ha Rob picked up Braeden a Spongebob Squarepants T-Shirt, stuffed animal, CD and DVD. He LOVES Spongebob. Rob, Arista and I sing the theme song to him daily, several times and his face just lights up! He's so quick and knows it's coming on by the first couple of tunes!

Saturday, Aunt Sohee and Uncle Chris met Rob, Braeden, Mimi (Aunt Arista) and I drove to Old Town Manassas for the annual Easter Egg Hunt. The first round to go was the 2-3 year olds. I had to fib a bit and say he was 2 so he could participate. At first, he didn't know where or why we were going into the thick grass. He saw the eggs but didn't know what to do. So, Mimi and I showed him. He caught on real quick. When we saw the Easter Bunny, Braeden gave him big hugs and wouldn't let go. It was so sweet! That's my boy!

We were supposed to be going to the Smithsonian zoo tomorrow, but we had a small house crisis...the hot water tank leaked all over the floor in the utility closet and laundry room. Rob did a bunch of research as to replacing it with calls to Home Depot and Lowe's. I got home after getting my hair colored and asked him "do we HAVE to replace it? Have you tried to troubleshoot it first before we fork out $700+?" Ummm, of course he didn't! I tell ya, what would men do without women? Gesh! ...he will be troubleshooting it tomorrow! ha ha

Since I start my new job on Monday (yippee!), I need to buy some new clothes! I'm not really looking forward to it, as one girl would love to, because I need to lose LOTS of baby weight and it just depresses me that I have to buy "BIG" clothes! Oh well, I guess. This will give me more incentive to lose weight and actually GO to the gym that we have a membership to...ummm, for over a year (and haven't gone!). Yeah, I am bad.

Anyhow, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. okay alana,
    VERY cute photos of your little man. sounds like a fun weekend so far, besides the crisis in your home. :)
    as far as the header goes... if you don't like it, PLEASE don't hesitate to tell me what you want changed or whatever. i did a few variations of it... with the words in different places and such. so let me know and i can totally change it if you want something changed. i am not easily offended, so i won't feel bad AT ALL.
    have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete