Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bye, Mimi, Bye.

---Long post---
I haven't even typed anything and I am an emotional wreck right now. I have been dreading this blog, as much as I dread hearing these words come out of my son's lips.

Arista, you have been living here with us for a little over 2 years now. You met Braeden for the first time at 3 months old. Oh, how I wish you were with me when I had him. But, I would not change anything from you just getting to see him every once in a while vs. getting to watch him grow with me.
You were here for basically all of his 'firsts', and I am so blessed. You were here when he was first smiling. When he watched his first Baby Einstein DVD. When he crawled for the first time. When he got his first hair cut. When he took his first steps. When he ate real food. When he talked the first time. And, when he said, "Mimi" for the first time. Seems as if your name is one of his favorite words. You have taught him so much. What you have done, is absolutely priceless. And, I can't thank you enough. He loves it when you get home from work each day and demands to go downstairs with you to see the kitties. He loves you unconditionally. You two have a special bond that he has with no one else. I hope you know this and never forget it.

As I was thumbing through the thousands of pictures I have looking for the ones you were in or were there, I couldn't help but cry. There are so many precious memories he will look back on and say your name. Mimi. Thank you for being a wonderful Aunt to my baby.

I know you are having a hard time with this change as much as I am, and as Braeden will be. For pete's sake you are just moving 10 minutes away. But, it just won't be the same without you here in our home. Thank you for everything. I love you so much! I hope these pictures make you smile as much as I do... And, we look forward to spending lots more time with you in your new home, making more memories.






























**Alana**

2 comments:

  1. that was sweet alana. she will love that... and so will braeden when he can read it. that is so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah... and your background is still black and white, note pink. sorry.

    ReplyDelete