Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Honey, are you okay?

So, a week ago today, I fell asleep with Braeden in his bed. For some reason, Rob came in and joined us. I was in the middle. I remember knowing he was there, but didn't realize he had stayed all night. Not sure what time it was, but I remember getting really hot and the next thing I know, I hear a 'thud'. It was Rob hitting the floor. I knocked him off in my sleep. I have done this before off our tall King size bed and he ended up with a stiff neck. I begged him to see the Dr., but he wouldn't go. A couple of days later it was fine.

Anyways, I got up immediately out of bed, turned on the light and stood over him, asking him if he was ok. I thought he was since the bed isn't that tall. I just thought he was in a dead sleep. I was wrong. He seriously hurt himself. I had hurt him. He gave me his arm and I pulled him up. Another stiff neck, we thought.

The next morning, he had tingly feelings in both arms, from his elbows down. I insisted he go to the Dr. this time. He had an important meeting he had to attend. So, I called him and his meeting was cancelled. It sounded to me as if he needed to go to the chiropractor. I have had a stiff neck before and that totally did the trick and I felt like a new person. So, I called my chiropractor and explained what happened. She suggested for us to go to the ER.

So, instead of waiting and waiting and waiting in the ER, I scheduled him an appt. with our family dr. He did some strength tests on him, gave him a neck brace and sent us to the ER.

Oh boy. What have I done...again? He had to get 2 MRI's and a MRA on his brain and neck. It all came back ok, thank God! They referred us to the Neurologist the next day. She evaluated him and diagnosed him with a severe neck sprain, to be off work 2.5 weeks and go to physical therapy.

Yesterday was his first day. He has to go 3x per week. He can't drive and is on pain medication.

Like I said before, I have thrown him out of bed (and my son) in the middle of the night in my sleep. It's time for me to find out what is going on. I have an appt. this weekend to get a sleep study. I'm not scared or nervous. I just hope they find out what they need to and get it resolved. The lady at the sleep study place said she has heard of this happening before, called hypersomnolence, so we shall see. This last week has been a nightmare! We have made numerous jokes about it and laugh daily, trying to make the best of it.

I HAVE to post this, because it is just so funny! He thought so too, since he is laughing in the pic. He is in the ER here. On the way to the Dr, he said, "I hope I don't have have a stupid neck brace." That was the first thing the Dr. gave him!! Then, I got to wheel him around in this 'new' kind of wheelchair that totally looks like a shopping cart! I didn't know how it worked. You have to push this lever up and keep it up for it to move. Well, I let go of it, and he went flying out of his seat. It was SOO stinkin' funny! I had the nurse and the girl checking us in laughing too!! Now, this whole experience was a HUGE deal to him, since he refuses to go to the Dr. for anything!


**Alana**

1 comment:

  1. oh man. i found myself laughing at this posting, but i feel so bad for everyone involved. i hope all goes well. :) hahaha. sorry.

    ReplyDelete